Our Shotgun sports facility features both Trap and Five-Stand. We have lights for night time shooting, covered break areas and mobile covers for shooting positions during inclement weather.
Range safety officers (RSOs) are present during scheduled range sessions. All of the RSO’s are certified and are experienced shooters happy to share their knowledge and provide you a safe shooting environment
Facilities & Equipment
BISC has one shotgun range with a standard 16 yard line and handicap stations from 17 to 27 yards. The range is used for Trap and 5-Stand. People wishing to shoot at the range will need to bring their own shotgun, eye and ear protection and ammunition (lead shot size 7 1/2 or smaller with muzzle velocity less than 1300 fps)
Training & Instruction
BISC offers training and instruction for shooters of all ages and skill levels. More information can be found at our shotgun training page.
Open Hours and Fees
Shotgun Range Hours
1st & 3d Tuesday of the month – 5 PM – 8 PM* – Ladies Night
1st & 3d Wednesday of the month – 5 PM – 8 PM* – 5-Stand
Thursdays – 5 PM – 8 PM* – Trap
Fridays – 9 AM – 12 PM* – Trap
Sundays – 1 PM – 5 PM* – Trap
NOTE: These are the regularly scheduled open hours. There may be activity on any of our ranges from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Monday-Saturday and 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM on Sunday. Please check our range calendar to confirm our open hours.
*The RSO can choose to close the range as early as one hour after the published start time if no shooters are present. Ranges may be closed due to RSO illness, inclement weather, or power outages.
Fees To shoot a round of trap or 5 stand
Non-Members – $10.00
Members – $6.50
10 Round punch card (members only) $60.00
Come Shoot with us
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Know your target and what is beyond
- Know how to use the firearm safely
- Be sure the firearm is safe to operate
- Use only the correct ammunition for the firearm
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate
- Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting
- Ranges are open to BISC members and the general public. Shooters must be over the age of 18 or accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or authorized coach.
- Ranges will only be open if a certified Range Safety Officer (RSO) is on duty. The RSO’s word is law on the range.
- No one at the ranges — shooters, guests, or spectators — may be under the influence of alcohol, prescription or other medications, or any substance that may impair normal mental and/or physical function or compromise safety.
- Consuming food and beverages is not permitted inside the range enclosures
- All shooters must show proof of attendance of a BISC approved range safety course or the RSO on duty will provide a range-specific safety briefing.
- All shooters must sign in and be approved for shooting by the RSO on duty.
- Shooters must comply with the RSO and with the Range Rules and Standard Operating Procedures at all times, including all range restrictions. Range Standard Operating Procedures are posted at each range for your use.
- Ammunition may not produce a muzzle velocity over 1300 FPS and may not exceed 1 1/8oz of shot.
- No shot larger than 7 1/2.
- All shotguns must be brought to the range unloaded and encased.