Archery For Adults
- The Archery Range is open to members and non-members, please check the Range Calendar for details
- Through Island Archers, BISC offers Archery instruction and coaching. Contact coach Mike for more information at: IslandJOAD@gmail.com.
- Whether your interest in archery is purely recreational, or if you want to pursue competition at the local, state, national or international level, USA Archery’s Adult Archery Program is designed to help you pursue all that archery has to offer. Membership in USA Archery’s Adult Archery Program provides unique benefits, including the opportunity to make new friends, obtain a great upper-body workout, and the chance to build self-confidence and learn team-building skills. Contact coach Mike for more information at: IslandJOAD@gmail.com.
Archery For Youth
- BISC offers an extensive youth oriented archery program through our relationship with Island Archers’ Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) program.
- JOAD is a program of USA Archery that teaches archery to young people, provides great opportunities for awarding achievement, and helps archers to enjoy the sport recreationally or progress to the excitement of competition!
- JOAD offers archers the opportunity to learn range safety and proper shooting technique. Introductory JOAD classes teach the fundamentals of proper shooting form; as the young archer develops, they will learn more advanced techniques.
- JOAD is open to any youth archer aged 8 to 20. Contact coach Mike for more information at: IslandJOAD@gmail.com.
BISC partners with Island Archers for a full array of archery training, education and events.
Adapted Archery is for individuals who have disabilities. We can adapt our equipment for archers who are sight impaired, have mobility impairment, range of movement issues, or missing limbs.We also can adapt our shot cycle for optimal performance, maintaining a safe and efficient form throughout the shot cycle.
Explore Archery is a program you can use for a family gathering, birthday party, athletic class at school, almost anywhere really. We pack up our equipment and bring archery to you! Or if you prefer you can hold your event at our range. All the necessary equipment is provided. We spend part of the time learning some basic archery skills and part of the time playing some archery games.
Team Building Archery events are for companies who would like a team building event for their employees. We give the team some basic instruction in archery, a bit of practice, and then the fun begins. We have dozens of archery games for individuals to compete against one another, and ways of creating small teams to compete against each other as well.
Each archery camp is 5 days, 4 hours each day, 9am to 1pm. We have archers of all levels and individualized coaching for each level of archer. We teach the National Training System developed by Coach Kisik Lee, the head olympic archery coach for the USA. The emphasis is on safety, bio-mechanical efficiency and repeatability.
We follow the Junior Olympic Archery Development award system where an archer can win pins for increasingly difficult levels of skill. Normally a week long camp will allow an archer to advance through several levels in just a few days.
During our Archery Camp we also have a lot of archery games that we play each day, at increasing levels of difficulty as the archer improves. Never a dull moment in our program!
Island Archers Mobile
We bring our archery program to schools, parks, home-based birthday parties or your event. We have all the equipment, you just provide the location. Currently with COVID, everything is on hold. But in the future when things open up again you can contact the Island Archers for more information on how to schedule your event. IslandJOAD@gmail.com