Byron Bush (candidate for Vice President)
It is an honor to be considered for Vice President of the Bainbridge Island Sportsmen’s Club. I would appreciate your support when you cast your ballot.
I’ve been a BISC member for 3+ years now. You’ve undoubtedly seen me on the trap range either as an RSO, shooter, roof/grounds cleaner, or Shotgun Coach. As a BISC member, I’ve seen a lot of amazing (and not so amazing) interactions and events take place with the intent of helping the Club. I believe we can do better! If elected as Vice President of the Organization, I would like to see to following be made high priority for the new Board and membership…
#1 – Safety needs to be TOP Priority
Given our business, and the world today, safety must be the #1 order of business at BISC. We absolutely must operate at a 100% level of safety every single day. With the assistance of our Chief RSO/RSO we should:
- Assess current safety practices on all ranges; enhance safety and safety knowledge and live it every day.
- Implement regularly scheduled safety related meetings/practice for all ranges/RSO.
#2 – Change the Culture
Changing the culture of an organization is a slow process and starts with leadership. We need to change the tone of Board meetings; this will hopefully increase attendance and participation. We need to reach out to Membership for help; we have a LOT of good people with wonderful skills and knowledge. We need to recognize our volunteers; without volunteers we have no club. We need to establish better business practices; a business cannot succeed without valid current/historic information and a focus on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). We need to reach out to the community; we are a minority of the community, without the rest we will fade.
#3 – We need some Easy Wins…
- Appoint a Maintenance Committee; the entire property could use a face lift, from the grounds and buildings, to the bathroom.
- Appoint a Community Relations Committee; we need a positive message to portray to our neighbors and a focused delivery strategy.
- Appoint a Repurpose the Rifle Range Committee: let’s start making good use of this space right now.
- Support the Technology Committee: How nice would it be to check in and pay your range/membership fees with a credit card from your favorite range?
There is so much more on my mind, but that’s a good start.
Feel free to contact me via email at ByronBush@gmail.com if you feel the need to discuss any topic.
It would be an honor to be selected as the next BISC Vice President. I hope for your support!