Policies & Procedures
The public is always welcome at the BISC, and at the Archery, Pistol Caliber and Shotgun ranges operated by BISC.
The following are the general Policies and Procedures that apply to the Bainbridge Island Sportsmen’s Club (BISC) and the BISC facilities. Specific Policies and Procedures applicable to the BISC ranges (Archery, Pistol Caliber and Shotgun) may be found at:
- Archery Range Policies and Procedures
- Pistol Range Policies and Procedures
- Shotgun Range Policies and Procedures
The BISC is a membership organization that is operated and maintained by volunteers drawn from its membership. The BISC is governed by four Officers (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) and nine Trustees, who together comprise the Board of Directors. All Board members are elected by the BISC membership, with the Officers serving one year terms and the Trustees serving three year terms. The Board of Directors oversees the operation of BISC, the management of its property, and its legal and financial interests. It is accountable to the BISC membership for its stewardship of the BISC. BISC members are welcome to attend BISC Board meetings.
Membership in the Club is open to all citizens and legal residents of the United States regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, veteran’s status, political affiliation provided that those engaging in shooting sports are not legally restricted in their ownership or use of firearms. Persons who are not an American citizen may become a Member of the Club upon application, the sponsorship of a Member and approval of the Board of Directors.
DO’S AND DON’TS AT BISC
BISC operates archery and firearms ranges, and BISC members and the public are always welcome at these ranges. There are a number of rules that must be strictly adhered to when at the BISC for the safety of members and the public. These include:
- No alcohol, or any other substance that would impact an individual’s judgment, is permitted in any BISC facility (Shotgun Range, Pistol Caliber Range, Archery Range, and Clubhouse) or permitted to be consumed on BISC grounds while any range is in operation.
- Minors must be under the supervision of an adult at all times.
- Any violation of a firearms safety regulation is grounds for immediate expulsion from the BISC site.
- The direction of any Range Safety Officer must be immediately obeyed, and failure to do so is grounds for immediate expulsion from the BISC site.
- All range users (both members and the public) must comply with the Standard Operating Procedures applicable to that range, and which are available at each range.